WE HAD A COLD RIDE TODAY, and before you say sure West Coast softie... let me lay out the raw facts: 5:38am pitch dark start, low temp 28.9 degrees. But, that's not the real indicator of how bonechilling it was...
... this might be:
- Mark C, who hasn't missed the ride in 13 years... missed the ride
- Fashionista Charlie M... wore a flappy long-sleeved flannel
- Mike G, who has never donned more than a jersey... sported shoe covers and arm warmers
- Consistent Chris H, who texted last night I'll be there!... stayed in bed.
... or this:
- Our numbers were down 50%
- Our speed was down 20%
- Our conversation down 70%
- Nobody, and I mean nobody, wanted to be on the front.
... but, I think it was this:
- It never warmed up, average temp was 34
That's a helluva cold ride...
which called for a helluva long, hot shower...
leading to a helluva giant hot chocolate...
finding me with a cranked up space heater jammed between my legs all day....
Sometimes I wonder if my lights weren't so awesome, would I still head out to the dark and dreary world? It's so much easy to roll out knowing I'll be able to see everything... and be seen.
If you're finding excuses to say cozy, maybe you're in need of a little more light in your life?
For road, I'm really digging the VIS 1000 Trooper... it's compact, aero and muy powerful.
Use promo code: BRIGHT
And get out there and train!
Stretch and HyperVolt
7 hours sleep