HERE ARE MY TO 3 REASONS NOT TO GET A GRAVEL BIKE:
- You don't want new adventures in your life.
- You like the limited options of a road bike and/or MTB.
Top 10 reasons to get a gravel bike:
- You love riding road, and want to get away from cars.
- You love riding road, and want to improve your dirt skills.
- You love riding road, and want to expand the route options around town.
- You love riding road, and want to jump curbs.
- You love riding road, and want a play bike for easy days.
- You love riding dirt, and want to ride to it faster.
- You love riding dirt, and want add road skills to your repertoire.
- You love riding dirt, and want a new challenge.
- You love riding dirt, and have a lot of smooth trails and gravel roads.
- You love riding dirt, and want to ride more of it.
Explaining the fun of gravel riding has been challenging to say the least. I'm not sure why that it is. Maybe it's because those who know me know I'm a little off to begin with, know that I tend to see things differently, have my own quirky approrach to life.
All I do know is... if I had to choose just one bike, it'd be the gravel bike.
You know the old joke... jack of all trades, master of none?
Well, the gravel bike is jack of all rides, master of fun. I don't know why that is, exactly. Is it the wrongness of fatish tires on the road? Drop bars on the dirt? But, I do know...
... if you're into adventure and big smiles, gravel is a lock.
For fairly obvious reasons I named this bike The Highlighter... and it's often the highlight of my day.
Because it will take you to places like this
Which just might be a lot closer to home than you think...
... and that's a pretty cool thing....
... to find out there's a whole other network of roads and trails that are too tame for MTB and too challenging for road.. just right for a morning jaunt or an all day escape.
Gimme a jingle when you're ready... in the meantime check it out:
You'll also get a bunch of entries into the lottery for the Ultimate RaceDay Bag™ Giveaway
Stretch n Roll
9 hours sleep