THIS IS GONNA BE QUICK, because I just ate a late and huge dinner with our friends The Gentleman and Lady Luck. No big deal...
... 'cause I've been intermittent fasting.
For the uninitiated that means I've compressed my food intake window from 16 hours to 8ish. Some people compress it down to 6 or even 4 hours when they'll be eating, and the rest of the time they're not.
Here are the 3 things I've learned:
- It's not that hard, once you go a few days and establish a new routine. For me, that means not eating until around 1pm.
- You will lose weight, for sure.
- You will realize how much less food you need, and be surprised at how much you've been overeating.
That third one is really a mind blower. It took me until today to realize I'm spending a lot less at the grocery store.
- I feel really good. There's that 9am when I think, oh I should eat... then I don't, instead I get a ton of things done and kazaam it's 1pmish and I'm thinking I guess I should eat.
- I seem to be sleeping better... but, honestly, that could be it's just finally cooled off (we don't have a/c) and the sun is rising later.
- It seems like it will be easy to maintain.
That third one is a game changer. If you've haven't dropped 5lbs lately, it's a big deal... and you'll go a lot faster on your bike.
Those lost pounds of course have their intrinsic weight, but they also suck up resources - like oxygen to stay alive. So, if you think about it, losing some ballast is like sleeping at altitude.
And, when you sleep at altitude your feeties can get cold... so you might wear socks, which means you might need a few extra pair of socks...
... isn't it great that we just received some new spiffy colors?
Yes it is great, because I'm only going to do until the end of the month.
Buy 2 get 1 free.
Use promo code: INTERMITTENT
Stretch n Roll